Choosing the best rigid packaging goes way beyond the… well… package. Testing for safety, performance and marketability drastically impact a company’s bottom line.
Pipeline’s Package Engineering can help ensure the performance of the packaging – from assembly to final deployment – in a variety of ways:
- Packaging development recommendations
- 3D scanning and imaging for Custom Packaging Design
- Pre-testing for UN-certified packaging
- Lean Six Sigma evaluation and process improvement
- Process improvement ideas
Better safety, resource cost reduction, more effective shipping options – these are only a few of the benefits Package Engineering can bring to your operation.
UN Performance Tests
Preliminary third-party lab testing can save you time and money. Pipeline Packaging can provide the following preliminary performance tests per Title 49 Code of Federal Regulations:
- §178.603 Drop Test – tests the ability of a package to contain and protect
hazardous materials if dropped.
- §178.604 Leakproofness Test – tests the ability of package to prevent leakage
under conditions of normal transport.
- §178.605 Hydrostatic Pressure – tests the ability of the package to prevent
leakage of liquids under pressure.
- §178.606 Stack Test – tests the ability of the package to maintain stability
while stacked with similar type packages.
- §178.608 Vibration Standard – tests the ability of the package to withstand
vibrations encountered during shipment. *Vibration standard is only required for initial design qualification testing.
People at the Core of Package Testing and Engineering
With 25+ years of experience, we understand that people make products, services, companies and brands successful. Let our proactive approach, timely communication and genuine concern for your success be a part of a winning strategy for you and your company.